🍰 Traditional Gluten-Free Oat Cake Recipe 🍰
Traditional Gluten-Free Oat Cake
You will need:
- 2 cups certified gluten-free oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the gluten-free oats, sugar, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the salt and baking powder.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the oat mixture, alternating with the milk. Mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If desired, dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar before serving.
Ensure you're using certified gluten-free oats to keep this recipe gluten-free. The cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Indulge in the rich, wholesome flavors of our traditional Gluten-Free Oat Cake. This easy-to-follow recipe is a testament to the fact that gluten-free does not mean taste-free. With every bite, you'll experience a delightful blend of textures and flavors that will leave you craving for more.
What makes this recipe stand out is the use of certified gluten-free oats. These oats are a great source of fiber and can help to keep your digestive system healthy. They also impart a unique, hearty flavor to the cake that's simply irresistible.
If you're new to gluten-free baking, don't worry. This recipe is a great place to start. The process is similar to making a regular cake, but with a few tweaks to ensure it's gluten-free. And if you're looking for more inspiration, check out our collection of gluten-free cake and cookie recipes.
One of the best things about this oat cake is its versatility. It's perfect for breakfast, a mid-afternoon snack, or even a dessert. You can enjoy it plain, dust it with powdered sugar, or top it with your favorite gluten-free frosting. No matter how you choose to serve it, this oat cake is sure to be a hit.
Remember, when it comes to gluten-free baking, it's important to read labels carefully. Not all oats are gluten-free, so make sure to choose a brand that's certified. And if you're also avoiding dairy, you can easily substitute the milk in this recipe with a non-dairy alternative. Looking for more dairy-free and gluten-free dessert options? Check out our guide to dairy-free and gluten-free desserts.
So, why wait? Get your apron on and start baking! With our traditional Gluten-Free Oat Cake recipe, you're not just baking a cake, you're creating a moment of joy that's free from gluten but full of flavor. And if you're in search of more gluten-free dessert ideas, don't forget to explore our top 5 gluten-free desserts that are guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth.