🥧 Gluten-Free Quiche Lorraine Recipe
Gluten-Free Quiche Lorraine
You will need:
- 1 gluten-free pie crust
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup of diced cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the gluten-free pie crust in a 9-inch pie dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Stir in the grated Gruyere cheese and diced cooked ham.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the quiche is set and lightly browned on top.
- Let the quiche cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
You can substitute the ham with bacon or leave it out for a vegetarian option. Feel free to add in some sautéed onions or bell peppers for extra flavor.
If you're a fan of classic French cuisine but have dietary restrictions, you're in luck! Our Gluten-Free Quiche Lorraine recipe is a delightful twist on the traditional dish, ensuring you don't miss out on this creamy, savory treat. This recipe is perfect for a hearty breakfast, a light lunch, or even a sophisticated dinner.
Our quiche begins with a gluten-free pie crust that's light, flaky, and every bit as delicious as its gluten-filled counterpart. The filling is a decadent mix of eggs, heavy cream, and grated Gruyere cheese, seasoned with a touch of nutmeg for that extra depth of flavor. And let's not forget the star of the show - diced cooked ham that adds a delightful smoky touch to the quiche.
While this recipe calls for ham, you can easily customize it to suit your preferences. Swap the ham for bacon or omit it altogether for a vegetarian version. You could also add sautéed onions or bell peppers for an extra burst of flavor.
Quiche Lorraine may be a classic, but it's just one of the many delicious recipes you can enjoy on a gluten-free diet. If you're looking for more inspiration, check out our quick gluten-free dessert recipes for busy days or our festive gluten-free treats perfect for the holiday season.
And if you're new to gluten-free baking, don't worry! We've got you covered. Check out our FAQ on gluten-free pastry options to learn more about the different types of gluten-free flours and how to use them in your baking.
At Dessert Gluten Free, we believe that everyone should be able to indulge in delicious desserts, regardless of dietary restrictions. So go ahead, give this Gluten-Free Quiche Lorraine a try and let us know what you think. We're confident you'll love it as much as we do!