🥧 Gluten-Free Mince Pies Recipe 🎄 | Dessert Gluten Free
Gluten-Free Mince Pies
You will need:
- Gluten-free pastry mix
- Gluten-free mincemeat
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Round pastry cutter
- Muffin tin
- Start by preheating your oven to 200°C (180°C fan) mark 6.
- Grease your muffin tin lightly with butter.
- Prepare the gluten-free pastry mix according to the packet instructions. If it requires an egg or butter, add as instructed.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to about 3mm thick.
- Using a round pastry cutter, cut out 12 circles and press them into the muffin tin holes.
- Fill each pastry case with a heaped teaspoon of gluten-free mincemeat.
- Re-roll the pastry trimmings and cut out star shapes for the pie tops. Place a star on top of the mincemeat in each pie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and the mincemeat is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
These pies can be frozen for up to a month. Just defrost at room temperature for a few hours before serving.
Indulge in the festive spirit with our delightful Gluten-Free Mince Pies. This recipe is a testament to the fact that gluten-free doesn't mean taste-free. Our version of this classic holiday treat is just as delicious, if not more, than the traditional one.
For the pastry, we use a gluten-free pastry mix, which is a blend of gluten-free flours and starches, providing a perfect base for our pies. The filling is a rich, fruity gluten-free mincemeat, brimming with festive flavors. We top it all off with a dusting of icing sugar for that extra touch of sweetness and holiday magic.
What makes this recipe even more special is its versatility. You can easily adapt it to suit your dietary needs. If you're vegan or dairy-free, simply replace the butter with a plant-based alternative and use an egg substitute in the pastry mix. Check out our FAQ section for more dairy-free and gluten-free dessert recipes.
And if you're wondering how to serve these delicious pies, they're perfect as is, or with a dollop of dairy-free cream. They're a great addition to your holiday table, and also make a wonderful gift. Just remember to let them cool completely before packaging.
More Gluten-Free Desserts to Try
If you enjoyed our Gluten-Free Mince Pies, we have a plethora of other gluten-free desserts for you to try. From our Decadent Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie to our Gluten-Free Apple Pie, we have a dessert for every occasion and taste preference. And if you're in a hurry, our Easy Gluten-Free Desserts are perfect for those busy days when you still want to enjoy a sweet treat.
At Dessert Gluten Free, we believe that everyone should be able to enjoy delicious desserts, regardless of dietary restrictions. So go ahead, give our Gluten-Free Mince Pies a try and let us know what you think. Happy baking!