🍋 Gluten-Free Lemon Bars Recipe 🍋
Gluten-Free Lemon Bars
You will need:
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lightly grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup of gluten-free flour and powdered sugar. Cut in the softened butter and mix in the vanilla extract until the dough comes together.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the lemon filling. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and granulated sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the 2 tablespoons of gluten-free flour, baking powder, lemon juice, and lemon zest until well combined.
- Pour the lemon filling over the hot crust. Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until the filling is set and the edges are lightly browned.
- Allow the bars to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Once cooled, dust with additional powdered sugar, cut into squares, and serve.
Make sure to use fresh lemon juice for the best flavor. The bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or refrigerated for up to a week.
Indulge in the tangy, sweet delight of our Gluten-Free Lemon Bars. These zesty treats are the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth while adhering to a gluten-free diet. Bursting with fresh lemon flavor and a buttery crust, they're a crowd-pleaser at any gathering.
Our easy-to-follow recipe ensures that everyone, regardless of dietary restrictions, can enjoy a delicious dessert. The use of gluten-free all-purpose flour makes these bars a safe choice for those with gluten intolerance or celiac disease. But don’t be fooled, these bars are so delicious, even those without dietary restrictions will be reaching for seconds.
What makes these lemon bars truly special is the fresh lemon juice and zest. As we note in our article on creative lemon dessert recipes, using fresh lemon as opposed to bottled lemon juice can make a world of difference in your desserts. It adds a bright, refreshing flavor that simply can't be replicated with store-bought alternatives.
If you're new to gluten-free baking, don't be intimidated. We've got plenty of resources to help you along the way. Our comprehensive guide to gluten-free baking is a great place to start. It's packed with tips and tricks to help you navigate the world of gluten-free ingredients and techniques.
These Gluten-Free Lemon Bars are just one of the many delicious recipes we have to offer. If you're looking for more gluten-free dessert ideas, check out our Top 5 Gluten-Free Desserts for some sweet inspiration. Or, if you're in the mood for something a bit more decadent, our gluten-free Christmas desserts are sure to impress.
Remember, a gluten-free diet doesn't mean you have to miss out on delicious desserts. With our Gluten-Free Lemon Bars and other delectable recipes, you can indulge guilt-free. Happy baking!