🎄 Gluten-Free Christmas Pudding Recipe 🎅
Gluten-Free Christmas Pudding
You will need:
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup brandy
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Start by preheating your oven to 160°C (320°F).
- In a large bowl, mix the gluten-free flour, brown sugar, mixed dried fruit, baking powder, and mixed spice.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter until it's creamy. Then, add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter and egg mixture, mixing well to ensure everything is combined.
- Stir in the brandy, orange zest, orange juice, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Grease a pudding basin and pour the mixture into it. Cover it with a piece of greased parchment paper, then a piece of foil, securing it with string.
- Place the pudding basin in a large roasting tin and fill the tin with boiling water until it comes halfway up the sides of the basin.
- Bake for 2 hours, or until a skewer inserted into the pudding comes out clean.
- Let the pudding cool in the basin for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a serving plate.
- Serve warm with a dollop of cream or a scoop of ice cream.
If you prefer a non-alcoholic version, you can replace the brandy with apple juice. You can also make this pudding ahead of time and reheat it in the oven when you're ready to serve it.
Indulging in the festive season doesn't mean you have to compromise on your dietary needs. Our Gluten-Free Christmas Pudding is a testament to that. This recipe is not just a mere substitute for the traditional version; it's a treat in its own right, bursting with flavors from mixed dried fruit, brown sugar, and a hint of brandy. The zest and juice of an orange and a lemon add a refreshing citrusy touch, making it a perfect end to a hearty Christmas meal.
What's more, this recipe is straightforward and easy to follow. Even if you're new to gluten-free baking, you'll find it a breeze. However, if you're looking for more tips and tricks to master gluten-free baking, do check out our comprehensive guide.
For those who prefer their desserts non-alcoholic, we've got you covered. Simply replace the brandy with apple juice for an equally delicious result. If you're looking for more non-alcoholic gluten-free dessert options, our sugar-free dessert guide is a treasure trove of guilt-free indulgence.
Christmas is all about sharing love and joy with loved ones, and what better way to do it than with a homemade dessert? This Gluten-Free Christmas Pudding is not just a dessert; it's a celebration of the festive spirit, the joy of sharing, and the pleasure of indulgence. And the best part? It's just one of the many delicious treats you can find in our collection of gluten-free Christmas desserts.
So, why wait? Start your festive baking today! And remember, whether it's Christmas or any other day, you can always find a reason to bake with our collection of easy gluten-free dessert recipes. Happy baking!