🍪 Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies Using Buttermilk
Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies Using Buttermilk
You will need:
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- First, preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). This is the optimal temperature for baking these cookies. While the oven is heating, line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and brown sugar. This process, known as creaming, helps to aerate the dough and create a light, tender cookie.
- Next, beat in the egg and vanilla extract. The egg acts as a binder, while the vanilla extract adds a rich, sweet flavor.
- Gradually add the gluten-free flour and salt, mixing until combined. It's important to add the flour slowly to prevent it from clumping.
- Stir in the buttermilk, mixing until the dough is soft and pliable. The buttermilk acts as a substitute for baking soda, helping the cookies rise and giving them a tender texture.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Be sure to leave enough space between each cookie as they will spread while baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These cookies are best enjoyed fresh, but can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week. If you prefer a softer cookie, reduce the baking time by 1-2 minutes.
Indulge in the irresistible goodness of gluten-free chocolate chip cookies made with buttermilk. These delectable treats are perfect for those with gluten sensitivities or those who simply want to enjoy a delicious dessert without compromising on taste. With our easy-to-follow recipe, you'll be able to whip up a batch of these mouthwatering cookies in no time.
To make these gluten-free chocolate chip cookies, you'll need a few simple ingredients. Start with 2 cups of gluten-free flour, which provides the perfect base for these cookies. Add in 1/2 cup of buttermilk, which adds a subtle tanginess and helps create a soft and tender texture. For that classic chocolate chip cookie flavor, you'll need 1 cup of chocolate chips. And of course, don't forget the rich and creamy taste of 1/2 cup of unsalted butter. To sweeten the cookies, you'll need 1 cup of brown sugar, which adds a lovely caramel-like flavor. Finally, add in 1 egg, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to enhance the overall taste.
Now that you have all the ingredients ready, let's get baking! Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined. Gradually add the gluten-free flour and salt, mixing until a dough forms. Stir in the buttermilk until the dough is soft and pliable. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
Using a spoon, drop spoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies turn golden brown. The aroma of freshly baked cookies will fill your kitchen, making it hard to resist indulging in one right away. Allow the cookies to cool slightly on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These gluten-free chocolate chip cookies are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven, when they are still warm and the chocolate chips are gooey. However, if you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container for up to a week. If you prefer a softer cookie, you can reduce the baking time by 1-2 minutes.
So go ahead and treat yourself to these delectable gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. They are the perfect sweet treat for any occasion, whether you're hosting a party or simply craving something indulgent. With our easy-to-follow recipe, you'll be able to satisfy your sweet tooth while staying true to your gluten-free lifestyle. Enjoy the melt-in-your-mouth goodness of these cookies and share them with your loved ones. Happy baking!